At Shelton we pride ourselves on being smart, well presented and ready for learning. It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school and we encourage them to take a pride in their personal appearance.
Our uniform is low cost with all items being available from all of the main supermarket chains. We also run a school uniform “swap shop” which is available every morning in the school hall bagel bar. Please help yourself to any items free of charge. If you are able to donate any good quality, clean, used uniform please leave in the box provided for other families to use.
All clothing should be clearly labelled with your child’s name. This is especially important, as uniform items look similar and can easily be confused for another child’s. The school cannot accept responsibility for any lost items.
- Our school tie is compulsory in year 6 and optional in years 3, 4 and 5. Ties should only be worn with a full button shirt not a polo shirt
- Long hair must be tied back neatly or in a style that is away from your child’s face when they are working
- Hair bands should also be plain black or dark blue and should not have large flowers or other decoration attached
- No large / colourful hair accessories or jewellery should be worn to school
- Make up and nail varnish should not be worn to school
- Please wear plain black shoes or trainers without logos (not boots)
- No earrings other than plain studs
- No T shirts/sweatshirts with slogans or designs
Our school uniform is simple and all items are easily available from any supermarket or on the internet at low cost. Items with the embroidered school logo are optional are are available from the shops below.
Items with the school logo are available to order from Marks and Spencer on their dedicated uniform website:
School uniform may also be purchased directly from Uniform Direct, Babington Lane, Derby or via their website:
School ties are available from Uniform direct (clip on) or from school (Velcro), please contact the school office for more information.