Equality at Shelton
As a school we are committed to equality and diversity and we recognise the importance of making sure our policies, procedures and the way we run the school are barrier free.
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
The protected characteristics are identified in the Equality Act 2010:
- gender reassignment;
- marriage and civil partnership;
- pregnancy and maternity;
- religion or belief;
- sexual orientation.
Our Equality Objectives
- To embed the No Outsiders approach into the curriculum.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To narrow the gap in Reading between boys and girls.
Equality Information and Objectives
We have incorporated all policies into the document below to create a coherent framework for promoting diversity and equality within our school.