“My child has a cough … should they come to school?”
- All children MUST attend school unless they are ill.
- From 16th August 2021, children under 18 (or double-vaccinated adults) do not need to self-isolate or miss school if a member of their household or a contact, has Covid.
- Instead, they will need to book a PCR test but can continue coming to school so long as they have no symptoms and the test result is negative.
- If your child develops Covid symptoms at home, they should stay at home and should book a PCR test), NOT a Lateral Flow test.
- If your child develops Covid symptoms at school, they will be sent home and you should book them a PCR test.
- If your child tests positive for Covid, they will need to self-isolate. The rest of the household does not need to self-isolate if they are under 18 or fully vaccinated – but instead should book a PCR test.
COVID Measures in school
From September 2021, most COVID measures have been lifted. However, we will continue to:
- Remind children of good hand-hygiene.
- Ensure good ventilation where practical.
- Ensure children / staff to stay at home if they have Covid Symptoms (and to book a PCR test).
COVID Contingency Plan
For more information please see our contingency plan below: