COVID Symptom checks
“My child has a cough … should they come to school?”
You only need to keep your child at home is they have one of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) which are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
There is more information on the NHS website:
If your child or anyone in your house has any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if they have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get the test result – only leave your home to have a test.
- Contact school to let us know that you will be staying at home until you have received a negative test result.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get the result.
Your teacher will contact you through Dojo to see if your child is well enough to carry on with school work and, if so, will arrange for work to be set using ClassDojo.
If your child has symptoms, this flow chart can help you decide what you need to do: